Thursday, July 7, 2016

Mason Laine Graham

Welcome to the world Mason Laine Graham, you are loved soooo much!!! I woke up at 1:00am Wednesday morning to go to the bathroom and back to bed like any other night. Well at 1:35am my water broke while I was sleeping...weirdest feeling ever!!! So after I realized what was going on I was able to get up and grab a towel and go to the bathroom while my water kept coming out. About 10 minutes later I woke Wes up (he jumped right out of bed and into the shower) while I got ready and called mom. She knew exactly why I was calling so she hurried over to keep Maverick while Wes and I went to the hospital. Checked in around 2:15 dilated to a 4, in a room by 3:30, and epidural by 4:15. That definitely took the edge of the pain off and I slept for a while. I got checked at 6 and was dilated to a 10. So they just made me labor down by switching sides and getting on my hands and knees until I started pushing at 9:30 once Mason was low enough. We all knew and were anticipating a large baby!!! I pushed for a hour until we called for Cunningham and then pushed twice with him in the room and Mason was born at 10:44am. He weighed 9lbs 11.2oz and 22.5" long. His head measured 14 3/4" wowzers! Such a sensation relief once he was out. I had 2nd degree tears but I'm feeling pretty darn good and happy and thankful for a beautiful baby!!!
Here's my favorite thing while I pushed my way through labor, a huge cup of ice!
Maverick looking handsome in his big brother shirt waiting to come to the hospital. 
He immediately wanted to "pet" and kiss his Mason. Sweet big brother. 
Daddy snapped some pictures while I got sewen up. Ouch
Doing skin to skin. Boy mom. Love it. 
Daddy holding him after he was nice and clean. They did his bath right in the room with us. He only left one time when he got circumcised. 
Sweet sleepy angel. 
Bub came back after nap time and gave him some good loving. 
Wide awake and bushy tailed talking to momma. 
Love this little miracle. 
Look at those eyes!!!
First night went pretty well and he's eating like a champ. Wes got some good rest it sounded like and I slept on and off throughout the night. We got up around 7:30 this morning for the day. Filled out all of our paper work for discharge, insurance and birth certificate stuff. Our pastor came by to see us and we both hot showers and dressed. Ahhhhh, it felt so good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment