Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Weekend

I had to take a little break from all the wedding posts. I HAVE A TON left to post but I wanted to catch up with our "normal" daily lives too. Wes and I went to the farm on Monday to spend memorial day...outside ALL day, of course and loved every minute. Here are some of the nice chickens and MEAN roosters. That ugly grey one you see will be my dinner one day SOON. He chased me out of the barn and through the garden. Gurdy was yelling "Haley turn around and kick him" Wes was running up with his hat and beating the heck out of him. I didn't know what to think or DO...so I just ran from him. I'm glad I could entertain everyone for the day. HA
Jack playing in his little swimming hole out at the farm.
Wes caught the first fish of the day but that's ONLY because I hadn't started fishing yet.
Lauren helped me get mine off my hook...he's little I know but hey at least I caught one or about 10 that day.
Jack gathered all the eggs from the chickens and here they are. One chicken lays only blue eggs, pretty neat. And they taste pretty darn good.
Scarlett and I were worn out from fishing all afternoon so we took a little air conditioning nap. It had been a little over a week since I saw her and she had GROWN so much. I missed her and she missed me too!
Wes helping T Huff cook some good chicken for dinner! (And no that rooster wasn't one of them. But soon and very soon he will be)
Wes caught a fish on his tweety bird pole, so cute!
Jack and Luke playing in their pop up tent and tube.
What a group there...loaded down to go fishing!
YEAH...my large catfish I caught! This is as close as I get to them.
Another fish I caught and Terry helped me get it off my hook.
Don't let Dustin fool you...that's my fish AGAIN!
Wes finally caught himself a fish. He was tired of me catching them all, ha.
Hossy was worn out and ready to head home.
Papa and Nana with baby girl Scarlett!
Laci and Scarlett...she had her fair share of the farm and fishing that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment