Saturday, April 24, 2010

Crawfish/Shrimp Boil

Lastnight was our annual crawfish/shrimp boil out at the farm. This year it just happened to land on my birthday weekend!!! OH YEAH!
Take a look at ALL that food! We had crawfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn, mushrooms, garlic, boiled eggs, & sausage. They go ALL OUT when it comes to a party! Wes enjoyed the crawfish & sausage the best and I loved the shrimp, potatoes, and eggs! It was all really good but those are my favorite.

They just dump it all out and we dig in! Here is the amazing cook with his lovely Gurdy! Look at that mound of already eaten crawfish! WOW....
The boys "took turns" (fighting) over who rode in the car. Jack was first and he thought it died so he was done with it. Well Luke and Hudson don't really care if it's dead or not. They (Luke) just like climbing in and out and in and out about 100 times! Look at Huds face...he's like ummmm excuse me could you please help me get in that thing.
Look at that little monkey, he is seriously something else! All he wants to do is climb on ANYTHING. And if he can't get on it the first time he wont stop trying. It's like a challenge for the boy...
Jack helped me blow out my "tandles." First thing he said when I got there was "I wanna eat some icing off of your birthday cake" well I didn't even know I had one, but it was delicious! HA Then after dinner it was time...Jack asked "I wanna help you blow out your tandles." So I asked what he was going to give me if I let him help me. He replied, A 'tard' aka CARD! It was the funniest thing EVER. He was dead serious and right!
Wes got me a 'farm' cookie cake with a cowgirl hat and boots on it! It was very cute and tasted amazing!
Now this is the life! No wonder animals just "happen" upon the farm and then never want to leave. Man if I was that cat I wouldn't leave either, ha.
Now on to the funny farm! This is the pet chicken, Penny. She has a hurt, deformed leg so she stays in a pen on the back porch and even goes inside the house. WHAT? She is really gross if you ask me and isn't afraid of anything. You can kinda tell how one leg is completely turned out the wrong way. Now I wouldn't want to eat her...no telling what else is wrong with her.
I had a great birthday party at the farm. I will post more pics tomorrow of what we did today, on my actual birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment