Monday, April 2, 2012

yard workin' kinda weekend

Wes and I had some rather LARGE projects going on around the house this week/end! We started sodding the backyard, wowie we have a HUGE yard so this was exhausting to say the least. Thankfully Wes had taken off Thursday and Friday because the "tiller guy" didn't show up Thursday morning like he was supposed to. SO...Mr. Dunk came to the rescue...thank you! We borrowed his tractor and he dropped off ALL the sod.

I worked both days but as soon as I got home I jumped in to help do what I could. I raked and raked and raked until my hands about fell out and then I watered and got me a sun tan. (NOT: first real tan I've every gotten in AR in March) This is a picture of the progress, I think this was 2 palettes of sod!
 TA DA!!!! I was so proud of my husband for sticking it out and finishing. Thanks to Austin, Paul, & Justin for coming every day to help get it done! Now our yard is complete and oh so nice!!! I can't wait to plant my garden April 14th (that's the magic number I have been hearing).
 We had "date night" Friday night with some of our friends! We ate dinner at Mojitos and then we all went to SAMS and Target, hilarious! I picked these 2 planters up at SAMS, so excited!
 So Saturday Keegan and I ran to Lowes for the boys and grabbed lunch so I got some ferns to plant in them...complete!!!
 Little Miss Sunshine stayed the night Saturday night. We played a lot outside, got some sun ate with some friends and called it a pretty early night.
 I woke up to this smiling face Sunday morning! We played all morning, ate some breakfast, took a nap, ate some more, and took a bath all before church.
 She danced during all the worship singing and as soon as the preacher got up she passed out and slept the entire way through church. We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and rocked in the rocking chairs afterwards for about 15 min.
 She loved this one and it was just her size! She would rock so hard and fast and then stop and wave at every person who walked by.
 She looked precious for church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment